This is a beautifully refreshing choice for a warm day and a bright citrusy choice for *any* day! Give yourself at least three hours for the fish to 'cook' in the citrus juices and it will happily sit overnight if you're a Plan Ahead type of chef. Serving this with some sliced avocado can turn it into a nice light main course for a perfect summer evening dinner.
~serves 2 to 6 for an appetizer or side dish
- 1 pound boneless, skinless white fish filet (rock cod, true cod, halibut) cubed very small
- The juice of 1 lemons
- The juice of 4 limes
- 2 seeded and chopped tomatoes
- ½ finely chopped bell pepper (I like orange!)
- 2 T finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Other veggies you might love, chopped fine – red onion, cucumber, etc.
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
Cut your fish into very small cubes and place in a dish with the citrus juices for at least 3 hours, and up to 24+ hours. Mix your chopped veggies together with the rice vinegar and salt. Combine with your 'cooked' fish and serve with tortilla chips and a cold cerveza with lime!