Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining our team! We are looking for a happy, motivated and professional person that is interested in reliable and lengthy employment. The Olympia Seafood Company is our beautiful capitol city’s retail seafood market, family owned and operated for 17+ years and located in downtown Olympia. We are a place of warm hospitality, outstanding quality and environmental integrity. We are looking for a person that thrives in a service culture, delivering outstanding customer service experiences that are kind, friendly and warm. Also, someone that is able to function well in both a fast-paced, high-energy busy work environment *and* a slower, detail-oriented, self starting space.
Duties will include:
- Full embodiment of Olympia Seafood culture, delivering outstanding customer service in a friendly, warm and welcoming manner.
- Serving customers in a standard deli-style setting including portioning, weighing product, pricing it appropriately, making custom requested alternations (removing skin, bones), wrapping it for transport, and acting as the cashier - taking the customer through their entire experience in purchasing exceptional seafood.
- Following good hygiene, health and safety practices at all times and performing cleaning duties as required.
- Following recipes as directed to produce accurate, tasty food products such as crab cakes, smoked salmon dip, seafood pasta salad and much more.
- Using measures and scales to ensure accuracy.
- Ensuring that food items are properly and safely labeled, stored and organized at all times.
- Maintaining cheerful and amiable relationships with co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Performing any other duties that may be required as assigned by supervisors.
Qualities and Abilities include:
- A love of food and food culture, particularly seafood.
- Ability to verbally describe cooking techniques and directions.
- Ability to be on time and prepared, as well as not having an aversion to working both weekend days, and the immediate bookends to all major holidays.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend and lift boxes (and fish!) that can weigh 50 pounds.
We are looking for someone to work in a full-time capacity, with the schedule of Wednesday through Sunday from 9:50 to 6:15, less a 30 minute lunch break.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Olympia Seafood Company, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job by visiting the shop in person between the hours of 10 am and 1 pm and dropping off a basic resume. Rate of compensation and the additional benefits package will depend on experience. We appreciate you considering our shop for your employment and look forward to meeting you!